News | Entertainment
22 Feb 2026 19:16
NZCity News
NZCity CalculatorReturn to NZCity

  • Start Page
  • Personalise
  • Sport
  • Weather
  • Finance
  • Shopping
  • Jobs
  • Horoscopes
  • Lotto Results
  • Photo Gallery
  • Site Gallery
  • TVNow
  • Dating
  • SearchNZ
  • NZSearch
  • Crime.co.nz
  • RugbyLeague
  • Make Home
  • About NZCity
  • Contact NZCity
  • Your Privacy
  • Advertising
  • Login
  • Join for Free

  •   Home > News > Entertainment

    King Charles says the "law must take its course" following Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor's arrest

    The 77-year-old monarch has issued a statement after his brother was arrested at his Sandringham home on Thursday (19.02.26) morning on suspicion of misconduct in a public office.


    In a statement released from Buckingham Palace, the King said: "I have learned with the deepest concern the news about Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor and suspicion of misconduct in public office. What now follows is the full, fair and proper process by which this issue is investigated in the appropriate manner and by the appropriate authorities. In this, as I have said before, they have our full and wholehearted support and co-operation.

    "Let me state clearly: the law must take its course.

    "As this process continues, it would not be right for me to comment further on this matter. Meanwhile, my family and I will continue in our duty and service to you all."

    Andrew was arrested by Thames Valley Police on his 66th birthday - with unmarked cars pictured outside his home of Wood Farm on the Sandringham estate - where he has lived since his eviction from Royal Lodge in Windsor earlier this year.

    A statement from Thames Valley Police read: "As part of the investigation, we have today (19/2) arrested a man in his sixties from Norfolk on suspicion of misconduct in public office and are carrying out searches at addresses in Berkshire and Norfolk.

    "The man remains in police custody at this time.

    "We will not be naming the arrested man, as per national guidance. Please also remember that this case is now active so care should be taken with any publication to avoid being in contempt of court."

    Assistant Chief Constable Oliver Wright said: "Following a thorough assessment, we have now opened an investigation into this allegation of misconduct in public office.

    "It is important that we protect the integrity and objectivity of our investigation as we work with our partners to investigate this alleged offence.

    "We understand the significant public interest in this case, and we will provide updates at the appropriate time."

    © 2026 Bang Showbiz, NZCity

     Other Entertainment News
     22 Feb: Paddington Bear is set to bring a marmalade-tinted flourish to this weekend's EE BAFTA Film Awards after being confirmed as a presenter at the ceremony
     22 Feb: Apple Martin has blamed her spot outbreaks on "stress"
     22 Feb: Kate Hudson wouldn't give any advice to her younger self as she has no regrets - even about her mistakes
     22 Feb: Margot Robbie was mistaken for a man when she was playing ice hockey and was "picked on" by the other players
     22 Feb: Jason Bateman came close to quitting Hollywood to fulfil his dream of opening a cafe in Europe
     22 Feb: Odessa A'zion has insisted the "last thing" she ever wants to do is "offend anybody"
     22 Feb: Jennifer Garner's children think she is "fully cringe"
     Top Stories

    RUGBY RUGBY
    The Crusaders have been demolished by the Brumbies 50-24 in Christchurch to close out the second week of Super Rugby More...


    BUSINESS BUSINESS
    Fifteen years on from the devastating Christchurch earthquake, belief light may finally be at the end of the tunnel More...



     Today's News

    Law and Order:
    Police are asking for public help to find John Joseph Paparoa, who is wanted in relation to dishonesty, assault and firearm-related offending 18:57

    Entertainment:
    Paddington Bear is set to bring a marmalade-tinted flourish to this weekend's EE BAFTA Film Awards after being confirmed as a presenter at the ceremony 18:47

    Cricket:
    The Central Stags have won domestic cricket's one day Ford Trophy, after demolishing Canterbury by six wickets in the final 18:37

    General:
    The curtain comes down on the Milano-Cortina Winter Olympics overnight 18:27

    International:
    Why has Donald Trump issued Keir Starmer a warning about the Chagos Islands? 18:17

    Entertainment:
    Apple Martin has blamed her spot outbreaks on "stress" 18:17

    Soccer:
    Belief the issues at the Wellington Phoenix run deeper than just departed coach Giancarlo Italiano 18:07

    Rugby:
    The Crusaders have been demolished by the Brumbies 50-24 in Christchurch to close out the second week of Super Rugby 17:57

    Entertainment:
    Kate Hudson wouldn't give any advice to her younger self as she has no regrets - even about her mistakes 17:47

    Accident and Emergency:
    Two people died and another three are in a critical condition, after a two-vehicle crash on State Highway 1 in Marlborough 17:27


     News Search






    Power Search


    © 2026 New Zealand City Ltd