News | Entertainment
23 Feb 2026 8:12
NZCity News
NZCity CalculatorReturn to NZCity

  • Start Page
  • Personalise
  • Sport
  • Weather
  • Finance
  • Shopping
  • Jobs
  • Horoscopes
  • Lotto Results
  • Photo Gallery
  • Site Gallery
  • TVNow
  • Dating
  • SearchNZ
  • NZSearch
  • Crime.co.nz
  • RugbyLeague
  • Make Home
  • About NZCity
  • Contact NZCity
  • Your Privacy
  • Advertising
  • Login
  • Join for Free

  •   Home > News > Entertainment

    Prince Harry has officially dec lared the US is his new home

    The Duke of Sussex, 39, sensationally quit royal duties and Britain in 2020 to move to America with his wife Meghan, Duchess of Sussex, 42, as part of their 'Megxit' deal - but said at a charity event at the time: "The UK is my home and a place that I love. That will never change"


    But four years after his declaration, the Daily Mail has revealed Harry - who has son Archie, four, and two-year-old daughter Lilibet with Meghan - has updated his records in the UK country to make clear he's no longer a resident of Britain.

    The publication revealed filings published by Companies House on Wednesday (17.04.24) for a "Prince Henry Charles Albert David Duke of Sussex" show his address has changed.

    They state his "New Country/State Usually Resident" is now America - when it was previously recorded as the UK.

    The change - revealed in filings for Harry's eco travel venture Travalyst - comes as pressure mounts for US President Joe Biden's administration to release Harry's visa records.

    In March, it was revealed Harry's immigration papers were to be scoured by a judge.

    Sensitive material relating to his move to the States were to be released to Judge Carl Nichols after he ordered the US Department of Homeland Security to hand them over for his review while he decides whether to make them public.

    The judge's move came after the official told the DHS its arguments in the case so far were "insufficiently detailed" for him to make a decision.

    DHS bosses are now set to give him declarations explaining the "particular harm" that would arise from the disclosure of Harry's visa application.

    A month earlier, judge Nichols heard from DHS and the Heritage Foundation, which is seeking to release the material as part of a Freedom of Information request it filed last year.

    The think tank claims Harry could have lied about taking drugs in his immigration paperwork despite admitting doing cocaine and marijuana in his memoir 'Spare' and talking about his use of drugs on his Netflix show.

    If Harry did not admit the truth about his use of outlawed substances he could be removed from the US or be barred by a border agent.

    © 2026 Bang Showbiz, NZCity

     Other Entertainment News
     23 Feb: Kansas City Chiefs star Chris Jones has launched an impassioned defence of Travis Kelce
     22 Feb: James Van Der Beek was a "great leader on set", according to Algee Smith
     22 Feb: Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor has been "released under investigation"
     22 Feb: Khloe Kardashian would "want to be married" before having any more kids
     22 Feb: Timothee Chalamet thinks AI is set to change the movie business
     22 Feb: Hailey Bieber has found fame to be "mentally exhausting"
     22 Feb: Andrew Windsor has been slammed as "never a prince" by Virginia Giuffre's family
     Top Stories

    RUGBY RUGBY
    The Crusaders have been demolished by the Brumbies 50-24 in Christchurch to close out the second week of Super Rugby More...


    BUSINESS BUSINESS
    Energy watchdog to force retailers to offer struggling customers help in overhaul More...



     Today's News

    Business:
    Energy watchdog to force retailers to offer struggling customers help in overhaul 7:57

    Golf:
    American golfer Austen Truslow has beaten 17-year-old Christchurch amateur Cooper Moore by three shots to claim the New Zealand PGA Championship at Paraparaumu 7:57

    Politics:
    The woman at the centre of the Jevon McSkimming scandal isn't confirming or denying whether she wrote a tranche of emails demanding money 7:47

    Cricket:
    Grim super eight results for hosts at cricket's T20 World Cup 7:37

    Law and Order:
    US Secret Service agents shoot and kill man trying to unlawfully enter Trump's Mar-a-Lago 7:27

    Business:
    Business appears to be booming in most parts of the country 7:27

    Law and Order:
    An Auckland couple continued buying stolen crayfish, despite knowing it was likely illegal 7:17

    General:
    Indra Brown's phenomenal fifth in freeski halfpipe at 2026 Milano Cortina Winter Olympics a sign of her rapid rise 7:07

    Environment:
    A magnitude 7.1 earthquake has stuck 55 kilometres off the coast of Malaysia near Brunei 7:07

    Entertainment:
    Kansas City Chiefs star Chris Jones has launched an impassioned defence of Travis Kelce 6:17


     News Search






    Power Search


    © 2026 New Zealand City Ltd