News | Entertainment
29 Nov 2025 14:36
NZCity News
NZCity CalculatorReturn to NZCity

  • Start Page
  • Personalise
  • Sport
  • Weather
  • Finance
  • Shopping
  • Jobs
  • Horoscopes
  • Lotto Results
  • Photo Gallery
  • Site Gallery
  • TVNow
  • Dating
  • SearchNZ
  • NZSearch
  • Crime.co.nz
  • RugbyLeague
  • Make Home
  • About NZCity
  • Contact NZCity
  • Your Privacy
  • Advertising
  • Login
  • Join for Free

  •   Home > News > Entertainment

    Taylor Swift has announced 'Fortnight' featuring Post Malone will be the first single from her new album

    The 'Bad Blood' singer, 34, is releasing her 11th studio record 'The Tortured Poets Department' on Friday (19.04.24) and on Thursday (18.04.24) told fans she had chosen the track with Post, 28, to front it as she was such a huge fan of his work


    She said on Instagram: "I've been such a huge fan of Post because of the writer he is, his musical experimentation and those melodies he creates that just stick in your head forever.

    "I got to witness that magic come to life first-hand when we worked together on 'Fortnight'."

    Taylor also announced she and Post - real name Austin Richard Post - would be releasing a music video for the track at 8pm Eastern Time on Friday when the album comes out.

    She added alongside a black-and-white image of her with Post: "Honestly can't wait for you guys to hear this song at Midnight TONIGHT and see the video at 8pm ET TOMORROW.

    'Fortnight' is the first track on 'Tortured Poets' and only one of two songs to feature another artist - with the song 'Florida!!!' featuring 37-year-old Florence Welch, the other collaboration on the record.

    Taylor's announcement came after it was reported her NFL player boyfriend Travis Kelce, 34, has "zero concern" the singer may address past relationships on her new album.

    A source told the Daily Mail about Taylor's habit of using past romances as inspiration for her material: "If ('Tortured Poets') is about (her ex) Joe (Alwyn), or anyone - even if it is about him in the future - this is the artist she is and he is in love with her and doesn't pay any attention to be jealous.

    "(Travis) understands this is a major part of what makes her the person and artist she is and he is no way looking to thwart the direction she takes."

    The insider also insisted Travis is "100 per cent" supportive of Taylor's creative choices.

    They added she has apparently explained them all to him and he "loves everything she is doing".

    The source went on: "They have talked about the album and what the songs are all about.

    "Joe or any of her exes is not of concern to him whatsoever."

    Taylor dated English actor Joe, 33, for six years before they split in early 2023, with the couple rumoured to have been engaged.

    © 2025 Bang Showbiz, NZCity

     Other Entertainment News
     29 Nov: A huge blaze ripped through Usain Bolt's Jamaican restaurant on Saturday (22.11.25), leaving it severely damaged
     29 Nov: Clive Owen thinks actors should not chase top roles to get their big break
     29 Nov: Eva Longoria says becoming a mom at 43 was "perfect timing"
     29 Nov: Donald Glover has revealed he suffered a stroke last year
     29 Nov: Machine Gun Kelly made a shock confession about his sex life as he performed at the Las Vegas Grand Prix this week
     29 Nov: Sydney Sweeney says women, including herself, find it hard to ask for help as they don't want to be viewed as "weak"
     29 Nov: Charli xcx admits being a "pop star" is "fun" - but it's also "stupid" and "embarrassing" at times
     Top Stories

    RUGBY RUGBY
    Ryan Papenhuyzen and Zac Lomax are free to return to rugby league's NRL after rebel rugby union competition R360 pushed back their planned launch by two years - until 2028 More...


    BUSINESS BUSINESS
    Changes to regional councils could create debate about what to do with the assets they own More...



     Today's News

    Living & Travel:
    Some Jetstar flights grounded due to global recall of Airbus A320 planes 14:26

    Environment:
    South-East Asia flood deaths rise as Cyclone Ditwah hits Sri Lanka, heads towards southern India 14:17

    Entertainment:
    A huge blaze ripped through Usain Bolt's Jamaican restaurant on Saturday (22.11.25), leaving it severely damaged 14:08

    Motorsports:
    Ryan Wood has qualified fastest for the top 10 shootout ahead of today's second race at the Supercars grand final in Adelaide 14:06

    Environment:
    Severe weather warnings for the southern, and central regions of the country tomorrow 13:46

    Entertainment:
    Clive Owen thinks actors should not chase top roles to get their big break 13:38

    Christchurch:
    A person's died, after being pulled unresponsive from the water in Canterbury's Glenbrook 13:26

    Entertainment:
    Eva Longoria says becoming a mom at 43 was "perfect timing" 13:08

    Business:
    Changes to regional councils could create debate about what to do with the assets they own 13:07

    Rugby:
    Ryan Papenhuyzen and Zac Lomax are free to return to rugby league's NRL after rebel rugby union competition R360 pushed back their planned launch by two years - until 2028 13:07


     News Search






    Power Search


    © 2025 New Zealand City Ltd