News | Entertainment
21 Feb 2026 9:50
NZCity News
NZCity CalculatorReturn to NZCity

  • Start Page
  • Personalise
  • Sport
  • Weather
  • Finance
  • Shopping
  • Jobs
  • Horoscopes
  • Lotto Results
  • Photo Gallery
  • Site Gallery
  • TVNow
  • Dating
  • SearchNZ
  • NZSearch
  • Crime.co.nz
  • RugbyLeague
  • Make Home
  • About NZCity
  • Contact NZCity
  • Your Privacy
  • Advertising
  • Login
  • Join for Free

  •   Home > News > Entertainment

    Dave Chappelle has tested positive for coronavirus

    The 47-year-old comedian has cancelled four of his comedy gigs in Texas after discovering he has contracted COVID-19, though his representative told TMZ that he hasn't yet experienced any symptoms


    Dave had performed his first show in Texas on Wednesday (20.01.21) but has now pulled out of the gigs he had scheduled until Sunday (24.01.21).

    The comic has been performing socially-distanced shows throughout the last few months and he reportedly asks audience members to take rapid results tests before they can be admitted to the venue.

    Just a few days before Dave discovered he had coronavirus, the comedian was pictured out with Elon Musk and Grimes, with the singer having recently recovered from the virus.

    And the 32-year-old star claimed she had "enjoyed" being ill because of the weird dreams it triggered.

    She revealed: "Finally got COVID but weirdly enjoying the dayquil fever dream 2021 [plant and fairy emojis] (sic)"

    The singer didn't add any further details about her symptoms, but she did post a screenshot of SZA's 'Good Day' cover.

    She wrote: "This song is sooooo [planet, heart and star emojis] (sic)"

    Meanwhile, last year HBO Max and Netflix agreed to remove 'Chappelle's Show' from their services after the coming urged fans during his sets to boycott the programme because due to the terms of the contract he signed when it was made, he doesn’t receive any money when ViacomCBS licenses it to streaming services.

    He said: “They (ViacomCBS) didn’t have to pay me because I signed the contract.

    “But is that right? I found out that these people were streaming my work and they never had to ask me or they never have to tell me. Perfectly legal ‘cause I signed the contract. But is that right? I didn’t think so either.”

    The stand-up urged fans not to watch the series – which ran from 2003 until 2006 – on streaming services.

    He said: "I called my agent and said, ‘Is there anything I can do about this show?’ and he said, ‘Noooo.' Well, f*** you too, then. If you want something done right, I guess you have to do it yourself.

    "So I’m not coming to my agents. I’m coming to my real boss, I’m coming to you. I’m begging you, if you ever liked me, if you ever think there was anything ever worthwhile about me, I’m begging you, please don’t watch that show. I’m not asking you to boycott any network, boycott me!"

    Dave originally made the show for Comedy Central and he equated airing the series to "fencing stolen goods".

    He said: "Boycott 'Chappelle’s Show'. Do not watch it, unless they pay me."

    © 2026 Bang Showbiz, NZCity

     Other Entertainment News
     21 Feb: Khloe Kardashian is "not involved in strategy or operations for Good American"
     21 Feb: Margaret Qualley has made Jack Antonoff less "cynical"
     21 Feb: Paris Hilton and Carter Reum have renewed their wedding vows
     21 Feb: Shia LaBeouf has been arrested in New Orleans following an alleged altercation during Mardi Gras celebrations
     21 Feb: James and Kimberly Van Der Beek renewed their wedding vows days before the actor died
     21 Feb: Jelly Roll and wife Bunnie Xo want to have twins via a surrogate in the future
     21 Feb: All Saints stars Natalie Appleton and Nicole Appleton have revealed the truth behind their band's feud with rival '90s girl group the Spice Girls - they secretly were all friends
     Top Stories

    RUGBY RUGBY
    A positive update after a scary moment for skier Fin Melville Ives at the Winter Olympics More...


    BUSINESS BUSINESS
    Central Otago is today moving to a prohibited fire season More...



     Today's News

    Law and Order:
    Armed Police were called to a street in Te Puke overnight, after a person was injured in an assault 9:26

    Entertainment:
    Khloe Kardashian is "not involved in strategy or operations for Good American" 9:17

    Entertainment:
    Margaret Qualley has made Jack Antonoff less "cynical" 8:47

    Soccer:
    Satisfaction for the Phoenix women after salvaging a point from their last game in football's A-League before the latest international break 8:36

    Entertainment:
    Paris Hilton and Carter Reum have renewed their wedding vows 8:17

    International:
    Donald Trump says he's considering a limited military strike on Iran to pile on the pressure for a nuclear deal 8:16

    General:
    To the Winter Olympics in Livigno.. 8:06

    Rugby:
    A positive update after a scary moment for skier Fin Melville Ives at the Winter Olympics 7:56

    Law and Order:
    Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor's future uncertain under monarch willing to let 'the law take its course' 7:56

    Entertainment:
    Shia LaBeouf has been arrested in New Orleans following an alleged altercation during Mardi Gras celebrations 7:47


     News Search






    Power Search


    © 2026 New Zealand City Ltd