News | Entertainment
22 Feb 2026 17:10
NZCity News
NZCity CalculatorReturn to NZCity

  • Start Page
  • Personalise
  • Sport
  • Weather
  • Finance
  • Shopping
  • Jobs
  • Horoscopes
  • Lotto Results
  • Photo Gallery
  • Site Gallery
  • TVNow
  • Dating
  • SearchNZ
  • NZSearch
  • Crime.co.nz
  • RugbyLeague
  • Make Home
  • About NZCity
  • Contact NZCity
  • Your Privacy
  • Advertising
  • Login
  • Join for Free

  •   Home > News > Entertainment

    Prince Louis loves his scooter

    The royal youngster's parents, the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge, "can't keep up" with their three-year-old son when he's out whizzing around on his favourite toy because he's "very quick" on wheels


    During a phone call with a finalist from her 'Hold Still' photography project - which was recorded in autumn 2020 but released on Thursday (06.05.21) - Catherine told four-year-old Mila: "Louis has got so big now, he's very quick running around and he's on his little scooter as well. He's very quick. I can't keep up with him."

    Elsewhere during the call with Mila and her mother, Lynda Sneddon, Catherine promised the youngster she'd wear a pink dress if they ever get chance to meet in person.

    Mila asked the duchess: "Do you have a costume?"

    Catherine replied: "I'm not wearing a princess costume right now, I'm afraid Mila. Do you have lots of dressing-up outfits yourself?”

    When Mila said she did and told Catherine her favourite colour was pink, the duchess replied: "OK, well I have to make sure I go and try and find myself a pink dress so that hopefully, when one day hopefully, Mila we'll get to meet and then I'll remember to wear my pink dress for you. Would that be nice?"

    Mila and her mother isolated from the youngster's father Scott and older sister Jodi during the coronavirus pandemic to minimise risks to the little girl as she was receiving chemotherapy to treat acute lymphoblastic leukaemia.

    The photo they submitted for 'Hold Still' featured Mila kissing the window as her dad stood outside.

    'Hold Still' was launched in May 2020, when the duchess invited people in the UK to submit their photos that captured their time during lockdown, with 100 images displayed in a digital exhibition on the National Portrait Gallery's website and later compiled into a book.

    Catherine previously said of the initiative: "When we look back at the COVID-19 pandemic in decades to come, we will think of the challenges we all faced – the loved ones we lost, the extended isolation from our families and friends and the strain placed on our key workers.

    "But we will also remember the positives: the incredible acts of kindness, the helpers and heroes who emerged from all walks of life, and how together we adapted to a new normal.

    "Through 'Hold Still', I wanted to use the power of photography to create a lasting record of what we were all experiencing – to capture individuals' stories and document significant moments for families and communities as we lived through the pandemic."

    © 2026 Bang Showbiz, NZCity

     Other Entertainment News
     22 Feb: Margot Robbie was mistaken for a man when she was playing ice hockey and was "picked on" by the other players
     22 Feb: Jason Bateman came close to quitting Hollywood to fulfil his dream of opening a cafe in Europe
     22 Feb: Odessa A'zion has insisted the "last thing" she ever wants to do is "offend anybody"
     22 Feb: Jennifer Garner's children think she is "fully cringe"
     22 Feb: The Nancy Guthrie reward money has been doubled as the search for Savannah Guthrie's missing mom continues
     22 Feb: Romeo Beckham has added fuel to his brother Brooklyn's family feud, by "liking" an Instagram video claiming Nicola Peltz is "the problem"
     22 Feb: Brandi Glanville has finally discovered the cause of the facial disfiguration which aged her "20 years overnight"
     Top Stories

    RUGBY RUGBY
    Carlos Alcaraz has cruised past Arthur Fils 6-2 6-1 to win the Qatar Open and extend his perfect start to the year More...


    BUSINESS BUSINESS
    Fifteen years on from the devastating Christchurch earthquake, belief light may finally be at the end of the tunnel More...



     Today's News

    Basketball:
    Parker Jackson-Cartwright and the entire New Zealand Breakers organisation want to put their name on the first ever Ignite Cup, but know the task ahead of them is a difficult one 16:57

    Golf:
    Jacob Bridgeman has come out firing on Moving Day at the PGA Tour's latest event in Riviera 16:47

    Cricket:
    The Black Caps are embracing the challenge of tackling Sri Lanka in their home conditions at the T20 World Cup 16:47

    Entertainment:
    Margot Robbie was mistaken for a man when she was playing ice hockey and was "picked on" by the other players 16:47

    Soccer:
    Former All Whites goalkeeper Jacob Spoonley hopes the Wellington Phoenix are supporting their glovesman Josh Oluwayemi  16:17

    Motorsports:
    Matt Payne has been unable to back up his provisional qualifying effort in the Top10 shootout for the final race of the Supercars weekend in Sydney 16:17

    Entertainment:
    Jason Bateman came close to quitting Hollywood to fulfil his dream of opening a cafe in Europe 16:17

    International:
    After a rare Supreme Court loss for Trump, here's his record with the bench 16:07

    Entertainment:
    Odessa A'zion has insisted the "last thing" she ever wants to do is "offend anybody" 15:47

    Cricket:
    New Zealand's T20 World Cup cricket clash against Pakistan in Colombo may have been rained out...but it's still a milestone match for Daryl Mitchell 15:27


     News Search






    Power Search


    © 2026 New Zealand City Ltd