News | Entertainment
20 Feb 2026 1:37
NZCity News
NZCity CalculatorReturn to NZCity

  • Start Page
  • Personalise
  • Sport
  • Weather
  • Finance
  • Shopping
  • Jobs
  • Horoscopes
  • Lotto Results
  • Photo Gallery
  • Site Gallery
  • TVNow
  • Dating
  • SearchNZ
  • NZSearch
  • Crime.co.nz
  • RugbyLeague
  • Make Home
  • About NZCity
  • Contact NZCity
  • Your Privacy
  • Advertising
  • Login
  • Join for Free

  •   Home > News > Entertainment

    Steven Tyler is "doing extremely well" after leaving rehab

    The Aerosmith rocker voluntarily entered a treatment facility in May after relapsing on pain pills and he is now looking forward to returning to work with the band


    His representative told PEOPLE: "He's doing extremely well and looking forward to being back on stage."

    The 74-year-old singer turned to the pills after undergoing foot surgery and his relapse forced Aerosmith to cancel their first set of Las Vegas residency dates in June and July.

    The band said in a statement in May: "As many of you know, our beloved brother Steven has worked on his sobriety for many years.

    "After foot surgery to prepare for the stage and the necessity of pain management during the process, he has recently relapsed and voluntarily entered treatment to concentrate on his health and recovery.

    "We are truly sorry to inform our fans and friends that we must cancel our first set of Las Vegas Residency dates this June and July while he focuses on his well-being."

    Steven has battled drug and alcohol addiction for years, and he previously confessed that his life spiralled out of control amid his health struggles.

    The 'Walk This Way' hitmaker - who has kids Liv, 44, Mia, 43, Chelsea, 33, and Taj, 31 - explained: "I have an addictive personality, so I found certain drugs I loved and didn't stop to the point of hurting my children, hurting my life, hurting my family, hurting my band.

    "There was a point where I didn't have a band and I didn't care."

    Aerosmith's next show is set to take place at the Maine Savings Amphitheater in Bangor, Maine, on 4 September.

    © 2026 Bang Showbiz, NZCity

     Other Entertainment News
     19 Feb: Jane Seymour felt privileged to work with Robert Duvall
     19 Feb: Logan Paul has sold a Pokemon trading card for $16.5 million
     19 Feb: Sir Sam Mendes has "no outlet" during a film shoot
     19 Feb: Walton Goggins has hailed Robert Duvall as the "greatest storyteller of all time"
     19 Feb: Daniel Radcliffe is "always taking care" of Tracy Morgan
     19 Feb: Viola Davis was "in awe" of Robert Duvall when they worked together
     19 Feb: Joshua Bassett's memoir is the "most vulnerable" he's ever been
     Top Stories

    RUGBY RUGBY
    A Sky Sport Now subscription's about to become more costly More...


    BUSINESS BUSINESS
    Confidence green pastures lie ahead for Fonterra, as the sale of brands like Anchor and Mainland nears completion More...



     Today's News

    Soccer:
    Auckland FC gaffer Steve Corica is pivoting to a game plan without Sam Cosgrove for Saturday's derby against the Phoenix in Wellington 21:57

    Accident and Emergency:
    St John is assessing 19 patients after a chemical incident in Horowhenua's Levin this evening 21:17

    Law and Order:
    South Korea's ex-president Yoon Suk Yeol sentenced to life in prison over insurrection 21:07

    Law and Order:
    In her memoir, Gisèle Pelicot reveals the secret love behind France's most infamous rape trial 20:37

    General:
    Winter Olympics 2026 quick guide: What to watch on Day 13 20:07

    International:
    Tracking the US military build-up ahead of possible Iran attack 19:57

    General:
    What is Skimo? The sport preparing to steal the show at the 2026 Milano Cortina Winter Olympic Games 19:17

    Cricket:
    New Zealand cricket captain Mitch Santner has no qualms about changing countries for the next stage of the T20 World Cup 18:57

    Politics:
    The Government's pushing ahead with plans for a mega-ministry 18:37

    Basketball:
    Breakers forward Reuben Te Rangi is imploring his side to close out their Australian NBL regular season with a win 18:27


     News Search






    Power Search


    © 2026 New Zealand City Ltd