News | Entertainment
19 Feb 2026 22:20
NZCity News
NZCity CalculatorReturn to NZCity

  • Start Page
  • Personalise
  • Sport
  • Weather
  • Finance
  • Shopping
  • Jobs
  • Horoscopes
  • Lotto Results
  • Photo Gallery
  • Site Gallery
  • TVNow
  • Dating
  • SearchNZ
  • NZSearch
  • Crime.co.nz
  • RugbyLeague
  • Make Home
  • About NZCity
  • Contact NZCity
  • Your Privacy
  • Advertising
  • Login
  • Join for Free

  •   Home > News > Entertainment

    Jay Leno has been granted conservatorship of the estate that he shares with his wife

    The 73-year-old TV star - who has been married to Mavis Leno since 1980 - was granted conservatorship of their joint estate on Tuesday (09.04.24), when Los Angeles County Superior Court Judge Brenda Penny agreed that a conservatorship of the estate was a "suitable" way forward.


    Under the terms of the conservatorship, Leno - who attended the hearing via Zoom - will continue to manage the community property and finances as he has done previously.

    Judge Penny actually oversaw Britney Spears' high-profile conservatorship battle back in 2021.

    However, in this instance, it was determined that a conservatorship of Mavis - who has been diagnosed with advanced dementia - isn't needed. In fact, Ronald Ostrin, Mavis' attorney, has acknowledged that his client is "receiving excellent care with Mr. Leno".

    He added: "She is very blessed.

    "Having had a mother of my own with dementia, Mrs. Leno is living in the least restrictive environment and being very well taken care of. They have a good plan of strategy."

    Judge Penny also addressed the TV star directly during the hearing.

    She told him: "I know this is a hard time when this needs to happen, and I thank you."

    And in response, Leno said: "Thank you, your honour."

    In January, Leno disclosed in court documents that his wife was dealing with dementia.

    The court documents read: "Mavis has been progressively losing capacity and orientation to space and time for several years."

    What's more, the documents stated that the veteran star is "fully capable of continuing support for Mavis' physical and financial needs, as he has throughout their marriage".

    © 2026 Bang Showbiz, NZCity

     Other Entertainment News
     19 Feb: Jane Seymour felt privileged to work with Robert Duvall
     19 Feb: Logan Paul has sold a Pokemon trading card for $16.5 million
     19 Feb: Sir Sam Mendes has "no outlet" during a film shoot
     19 Feb: Walton Goggins has hailed Robert Duvall as the "greatest storyteller of all time"
     19 Feb: Daniel Radcliffe is "always taking care" of Tracy Morgan
     19 Feb: Viola Davis was "in awe" of Robert Duvall when they worked together
     19 Feb: Joshua Bassett's memoir is the "most vulnerable" he's ever been
     Top Stories

    RUGBY RUGBY
    A Sky Sport Now subscription's about to become more costly More...


    BUSINESS BUSINESS
    Confidence green pastures lie ahead for Fonterra, as the sale of brands like Anchor and Mainland nears completion More...



     Today's News

    Soccer:
    Auckland FC gaffer Steve Corica is pivoting to a game plan without Sam Cosgrove for Saturday's derby against the Phoenix in Wellington 21:57

    Accident and Emergency:
    St John is assessing 19 patients after a chemical incident in Horowhenua's Levin this evening 21:17

    Law and Order:
    South Korea's ex-president Yoon Suk Yeol sentenced to life in prison over insurrection 21:07

    Law and Order:
    In her memoir, Gisèle Pelicot reveals the secret love behind France's most infamous rape trial 20:37

    General:
    Winter Olympics 2026 quick guide: What to watch on Day 13 20:07

    International:
    Tracking the US military build-up ahead of possible Iran attack 19:57

    General:
    What is Skimo? The sport preparing to steal the show at the 2026 Milano Cortina Winter Olympic Games 19:17

    Cricket:
    New Zealand cricket captain Mitch Santner has no qualms about changing countries for the next stage of the T20 World Cup 18:57

    Politics:
    The Government's pushing ahead with plans for a mega-ministry 18:37

    Basketball:
    Breakers forward Reuben Te Rangi is imploring his side to close out their Australian NBL regular season with a win 18:27


     News Search






    Power Search


    © 2026 New Zealand City Ltd