News | Entertainment
17 Feb 2026 9:40
NZCity News
NZCity CalculatorReturn to NZCity

  • Start Page
  • Personalise
  • Sport
  • Weather
  • Finance
  • Shopping
  • Jobs
  • Horoscopes
  • Lotto Results
  • Photo Gallery
  • Site Gallery
  • TVNow
  • Dating
  • SearchNZ
  • NZSearch
  • Crime.co.nz
  • RugbyLeague
  • Make Home
  • About NZCity
  • Contact NZCity
  • Your Privacy
  • Advertising
  • Login
  • Join for Free

  •   Home > News > Entertainment

    Patients' records were "easily accessible" at the hospital being probed for an alleged "hack" into Catherine, Princess of Wales' private documents

    Three workers at The London Clinic are currently under investigation over claims that emerged on Wednesday (20.03.24) night they tried to access the 42-year-old's medical records, and are believed to have been suspended


    It's now been revealed a Care Quality Commission report concluded records were "stored securely" at The London Clinic, where Catherine stayed for nearly two weeks in January following abdominal surgery - and added in a report: "Staff kept detailed records of patients' care and treatment. Records were clear, up-to-date, stored securely and easily available to all staff providing care."

    The assessment, published in September 2021, added: "Patients' records were held in paper format and also electronically.

    "Paper based records were stored securely in clocked cupboards at the nurses' stations. Staff could access patient records easily.

    "We reviewed eight patient records across inpatient surgical wards and the pre-assessment unit. Patient records were detailed and staff had signed and dated all entries.

    "All inpatient records had care plans which identified all their care needs. Care plans had been reviewed when required."

    According to MailOnline, the unannounced CQC inspection took place in June 2021 after the watchdog "received information that gave us concerns about the safety and quality of services".

    Its report added: "Those concerns arose from several never events and serious incidents and numerous whistle-blowers around staffing and culture."

    The CQC report gave the clinic an overall rating of "good" but it found that leadership and governance required improvement.

    Bosses at the hospital have refused to confirm when they were first made aware of the allegation staff tried to snoop on Catherine's medical records.

    They also declined to confirm whether anyone had been suspended, or if any private information was accessed.

    © 2026 Bang Showbiz, NZCity

     Other Entertainment News
     17 Feb: Chloë Sevigny wants to celebrate the inclusivity and diversity of New York fashion
     17 Feb: Peter Andre won't be spending Valentine's Day with his wife Emily
     17 Feb: Robert Duvall, star of The Godfather and Apocalypse Now, dies at 95
     17 Feb: Gary Numan's wife has been left paralysed following an operation
     17 Feb: Jesy Nelson says her former Little Mix bandmates have "all reached out" since she gave birth
     17 Feb: John Cleese says criticism of Islam is "not racist, it's culturalist"
     17 Feb: Margaret Qualley has described Jack Antonoff as her "person" in a rare comment about their marriage
     Top Stories

    RUGBY RUGBY
    A Dunedin man who sent a secretly-recorded sex tape to dozens of rugby mates, has failed to have his conviction quashed More...


    BUSINESS BUSINESS
    Retail confidence is at a two-year high - but full recovery is still to come More...



     Today's News

    Entertainment:
    Chloë Sevigny wants to celebrate the inclusivity and diversity of New York fashion 9:27

    Law and Order:
    A jury's heard grisly details about the death and dismemberment of a Christchurch man - whose remains were found in the boot of his own car 9:27

    Rugby League:
    New Zealand Rugby League boss Greg Peters is saluting the fact Kiwi internationals can now play State of Origin 9:07

    Entertainment:
    Peter Andre won't be spending Valentine's Day with his wife Emily 8:57

    Entertainment:
    Robert Duvall, star of The Godfather and Apocalypse Now, dies at 95 8:57

    Entertainment:
    Gary Numan's wife has been left paralysed following an operation 8:27

    National:
    Play reduces stress and lifts wellbeing – and adults benefit as much as children do 8:07

    Environment:
    The next bout of heavy rain has started its rampage on the east of the South Island 8:07

    Entertainment:
    Jesy Nelson says her former Little Mix bandmates have "all reached out" since she gave birth 7:57

    Health & Safety:
    Fears that alcohol ads are influencing how children think about alcohol 7:57


     News Search






    Power Search


    © 2026 New Zealand City Ltd