News | Entertainment
25 Feb 2020 4:24
NZCity News
NZCity CalculatorReturn to NZCity

  • Start Page
  • Personalise
  • Sport
  • Weather
  • Finance
  • Shopping
  • Jobs
  • Horoscopes
  • Lotto Results
  • Photo Gallery
  • Site Gallery
  • TVNow
  • Dating
  • SearchNZ
  • NZSearch
  • Crime.co.nz
  • RugbyLeague
  • Make Home
  • About NZCity
  • Contact NZCity
  • Your Privacy
  • Advertising
  • Login
  • Join for Free

  •   Home > News > Entertainment

    Sir Rod Stewart and his son have pleaded not guilty to allegedly attacking a security guard

    The 75-year-old singer and 39-year-old Sean Stewart were not present in court in Florida on Tuesday (21.01.20) to enter their plea in relation to a simple battery charge stemming from a row at The Breakers Hotel in Palm Beach on New Year's Eve (31.12.19)


    At the hearing, the pair also waived their right to be present during future court hearings and indicated they plan not to appear unless a judge demands it, DailyMail.com reports.

    The next court date for the matter has been scheduled for 8 February.

    If convicted, the pair could be jailed for up to a year.

    Sean previously claimed "the truth will prevail" after he and his dad were charged over the alleged altercation, which reportedly saw them get into a row with staff member Jessie Dixon after they tried to gain entry to a private event in the children's area of the hotel, with the security guard claiming the 'Maggie May' hitmaker had "threw a punch" at him.

    However, Sean blamed the "very aggressive" security guard for the row.

    He added: "My dad always taught me to stick up for my family and my loved ones. That's what I did and the truth will prevail."

    In a police report, Jessie alleged Rod and his family were "loud, caused a scene and refused to follow instructions to leave".

    He claimed he was then "shoved backwards" by Sean, who had been "nose-to-nose" with him before being "punched in the left ribcage" by Rod.

    A friend of the security guard claimed he had been left "quite shaken" by the alleged incident.

    The pal said: "Jessie had given up his New Year's Eve to earn extra money but has been left quite shaken by what happened.

    "Rod and Sean took exception to not being allowed into the party. It turned ugly when Jessie refused them entry.

    "Though there was no drink around the kids' party it was clear to him Rod's group had consumed quite a bit.

    "He was shocked and angry at how quickly events turned, which why he wanted to have charges pressed.

    "He's calming down but is still disturbed by how things became so heated when there were children around."

    Rod and his son were questioned by police and told how their family had "approached the check-in table and attempted to have children in their group gain access."

    After being refused admission, the 'Tonight's the Night' singer accused the security guard of becoming "argumentative", causing the group to become "agitated".

    Police claimed Rod "apologised for his behaviour" and witness statements and video footage are said to suggest Rod "did not intentionally strike Dixon against his will".

    © 2020 Bang Showbiz, NZCity


     Other Entertainment News
     24 Feb: Chrissy Teigen receives "a lot of criticism" about the food she feeds her children
     24 Feb: Grimes hopes her baby becomes a fan of raving
     24 Feb: Stormzy has deleted his Twitter and Instagram accounts
     24 Feb: Camila Cabello feels inspired by Cinderella
     24 Feb: Bella Hadid "still has feelings for The Weeknd"
     24 Feb: Kylie Jenner is reportedly seeking to expand her beauty empire
     24 Feb: Sharon Stone is set to receive the Elizabeth Taylor Legacy Award at the Elizabeth Taylor AIDS Foundation's inaugural fundraising gala
     Top Stories

    RUGBY RUGBY
    Ardie Savea is open to a code switch to the NRL - and soon More...


    BUSINESS BUSINESS
    China is allocating 99.5 billion yuan -- or 22.3-billion-NZ-dollars -- to curb the coronavirus outbreak. More...



     Today's News

    International:
    South Korea is on high alert after a coronavirus outbreak. Here's how a secretive sect became the perfect incubator 23:27

    Entertainment:
    Chrissy Teigen receives "a lot of criticism" about the food she feeds her children 21:59

    Cricket:
    The Black Caps have toasted Ross Taylor's 100th test match with the country's 100th test win 21:57

    Boxing:
    Tyson Fury versus Deontay Wilder bout reaffirms boxing's popularity despite safety concerns 21:37

    Entertainment:
    Grimes hopes her baby becomes a fan of raving 21:29

    Accident and Emergency:
    Five people have been injured, three of them seriously after two separate crashes along a Southland highway 21:17

    Entertainment:
    Stormzy has deleted his Twitter and Instagram accounts 20:59

    Entertainment:
    Camila Cabello feels inspired by Cinderella 20:29

    International:
    Indonesians on coronavirus-affected Diamond Princess beg for Joko Widodo to evacuate them 20:27

    Entertainment:
    Bella Hadid "still has feelings for The Weeknd" 19:59


     News Search






    Power Search


    © 2020 New Zealand City Ltd