News | National
2 Mar 2021 12:08
NZCity News
NZCity CalculatorReturn to NZCity

  • Start Page
  • Personalise
  • Sport
  • Weather
  • Finance
  • Shopping
  • Jobs
  • Horoscopes
  • Lotto Results
  • Photo Gallery
  • Site Gallery
  • TVNow
  • Dating
  • SearchNZ
  • NZSearch
  • Crime.co.nz
  • RugbyLeague
  • Make Home
  • About NZCity
  • Contact NZCity
  • Your Privacy
  • Advertising
  • Login
  • Join for Free

  •   Home > News > National

    Frustration from victims of car break-ins in the capital, who feel police aren't interested

    Frustration from victims of car break-ins in the capital, who feel police aren't interested


    At least 10 people have posted online about their cars being broken into over the past fortnight, around Tasman Street, the Basin Reserve and a Willis Street car park.

    Wellington Acting Inspector Warwick McKee says police take car thefts seriously, but aren't aware of an increase in such crime.

    Beau Rebel had his car broken into at the Marksman Motor Inn near the Basin Reserve on January 7.

    He asked police to obtain CCTV footage, but didn't hear anything back for eight days, by which time the footage had been deleted.

    He's had to try to track down his belongings himself online.

    © 2021 Newstalk ZB, NZCity


     Other National News
     02 Mar: Napier police say further charges are likely after a shooting in the city's nightlife hotspot, allegedly gang related
     02 Mar: Quarter of a million dollars will be spent investigating Porirua's pipes in the coming months
     02 Mar: Ashley Bloomfield says it's still far too early to say whether the Papatoetoe Covid cluster has been contained -- and when Auckland's lockdown can end
     02 Mar: The Chiefs would welcome the Blues setting up base in the Waikato
     02 Mar: Confirmation travelling Aucklanders are being checked
     02 Mar: A change of heart from a Wellington City Councillor over whether to look at privatising part of the central library building
     01 Mar: Police searching for missing Invercargill man Raymond Horn would like to speak to two people who were in Queens Park, at about 2.20pm on Monday 15 February
     Top Stories

    RUGBY RUGBY
    Billy Harmon's proud to officially call himself a Highlander More...


    BUSINESS BUSINESS
    Kiwi startup Rocketlab is shooting for the Moon, and Venus and Mars More...



     Today's News

    Law and Order:
    Napier police say further charges are likely after a shooting in the city's nightlife hotspot, allegedly gang related 12:07

    Entertainment:
    Golden Globes 2021: Where to watch all the winners across Netflix, Amazon, Disney+, Binge and Apple TV+ 12:07

    Entertainment:
    Nick Jonas is hoping he and Priyanka Chopra Jonas will be “blessed with a child” soon 12:01

    Soccer:
    Brazilian forward Richarlison has scored his third goal in as many games to guide Everton to a 1-nil Premier League win over Southampton 11:37

    Entertainment:
    Shanna Moakler is “super happy” for her ex-husband Travis Barker and his new girlfriend Kourtney Kardashian 11:31

    Entertainment:
    Miranda Lambert says the COVID-19 pandemic has made her romance with Brendan McLoughlin “really strong” 11:01

    Environment:
    Quarter of a million dollars will be spent investigating Porirua's pipes in the coming months 10:47

    Entertainment:
    Chrishell Stause has split from Keo Motsepe after three months of dating 10:31

    Rugby:
    Billy Harmon's proud to officially call himself a Highlander 10:27

    Soccer:
    Everton have a 1-nil half-time lead over Southampton in their English Premier League football clash at Goodison Park 10:07


     News Search






    Power Search


    © 2021 New Zealand City Ltd