News | Entertainment
17 Apr 2021 9:17
NZCity News
NZCity CalculatorReturn to NZCity

  • Start Page
  • Personalise
  • Sport
  • Weather
  • Finance
  • Shopping
  • Jobs
  • Horoscopes
  • Lotto Results
  • Photo Gallery
  • Site Gallery
  • TVNow
  • Dating
  • SearchNZ
  • NZSearch
  • Crime.co.nz
  • RugbyLeague
  • Make Home
  • About NZCity
  • Contact NZCity
  • Your Privacy
  • Advertising
  • Login
  • Join for Free

  •   Home > News > Entertainment

    The Duchess of Sussex has insisted the royal family shouldn't expect her to stay "silent"

    The 39-year-old former actress - who is expecting her second child, a sibling for 21-month-old Archie, with husband Prince Harry - acknowledged speaking out against "falsehoods" came with a "risk of losing things" but insisted they have already lost "a lot" anyway


    In a new preview for her and Harry's tell-all interview with Oprah Winfrey, the 67-year-old media mogul asked Meghan: "How do you feel about the palace hearing you speak your truth today?"

    The duchess replied: "I don't know how they could expect that after all of this time, we would still just be silent if there is an active role that the Firm is playing in perpetuating falsehoods about us.

    "And if that comes with risk of losing things, I mean I — there's a lot that's been lost already."

    The teaser clip for the interview - which will broadcast in the US on Sunday (07.03.21) - was released hours after Buckingham Palace announced an investigation will be launched following allegations in The Times newspaper that Meghan bullied former members of staff.

    They said in a statement: "We are clearly very concerned about allegations in The Times following claims made by former staff of The Duke and Duchess of Sussex.

    "Accordingly, our HR team will look into the circumstances outlined in the article. Members of staff involved at the time, including those who have left the Household, will be invited to participate to see if lessons can be learned.

    "The Royal Household has had a Dignity at Work policy in place for a number of years and does not and will not tolerate bullying or harassment in the workplace."

    A spokesperson for Meghan and Harry - who stepped back as senior royals and relocated to the US last year - had earlier blasted the story as an "attack on [the duchess'] character".

    They said: "The Duchess is saddened by this latest attack on her character, particularly as someone who has been the target of bullying herself and is deeply committed to supporting those who have experienced pain and trauma.

    "She is determined to continue her work building compassion around the world and will keep striving to set an example for doing what is right and doing what is good."

    © 2021 Bang Showbiz, NZCity


     Other Entertainment News
     17 Apr: Amanda Abbington thinks she and Martin Freeman have done "irreparable damage" to their children
     17 Apr: Nikki Bella has silenced speculation she is expecting her second child
     17 Apr: Taylor Swift has sent a special care package to a nurse working on the frontline amid the COVID-19 pandemic
     17 Apr: Jessica Simpson became a “recluse” after facing intense body shaming
     17 Apr: Kris Jenner told Kim Kardashian West to make sure her “kids come first” in her divorce from Kanye West
     17 Apr: Hilaria Baldwin misses the daughter she lost prior to welcoming her two youngest children
     16 Apr: Sharon Osbourne will discuss her departure from ‘The Talk’ in an upcoming interview with Bill Maher
     Top Stories

    RUGBY RUGBY
    The Blues are ruing their ill-discipline in the wake of their 35-29 Super Rugby Aotearoa defeat to the Highlanders in Dunedin More...


    BUSINESS BUSINESS
    New Zealanders can't wait for the return of quarantine-free trans-Tasman travel More...



     Today's News

    Entertainment:
    Amanda Abbington thinks she and Martin Freeman have done "irreparable damage" to their children 8:54

    Entertainment:
    Nikki Bella has silenced speculation she is expecting her second child 8:24

    International:
    US authorities have been quick to condemn the gun violence that's claimed eight lives at a Fedex parcel facility in Indianapolis 8:16

    Soccer:
    The Brisbane Roar have moved up to seventh on the A-League ladder after a 2-1 win over the Western Sydney Wanderers away 8:06

    Basketball:
    The Breakers have broken a three game winless run with an emphatic 91-71 Australian Basketball League victory over the Brisbane Bullets in Tasmania 7:56

    Entertainment:
    Taylor Swift has sent a special care package to a nurse working on the frontline amid the COVID-19 pandemic 7:54

    Rugby:
    The Blues are ruing their ill-discipline in the wake of their 35-29 Super Rugby Aotearoa defeat to the Highlanders in Dunedin 7:46

    Rugby League:
    The Storm have overwhelmed the Roosters 20-4 in their NRL match in Melbourne 7:46

    Business:
    New Zealanders can't wait for the return of quarantine-free trans-Tasman travel 7:36

    Cricket:
    England allrounder Ben Stokes will be sidelined for up to 12 weeks as he requires surgery on the left index finger he fractured while on Indian Premier League duty 7:26


     News Search






    Power Search


    © 2021 New Zealand City Ltd