News | Entertainment
19 Jun 2021 15:23
NZCity News
NZCity CalculatorReturn to NZCity

  • Start Page
  • Personalise
  • Sport
  • Weather
  • Finance
  • Shopping
  • Jobs
  • Horoscopes
  • Lotto Results
  • Photo Gallery
  • Site Gallery
  • TVNow
  • Dating
  • SearchNZ
  • NZSearch
  • Crime.co.nz
  • RugbyLeague
  • Make Home
  • About NZCity
  • Contact NZCity
  • Your Privacy
  • Advertising
  • Login
  • Join for Free

  •   Home > News > Entertainment

    Kevin Spacey’s sexual assault lawsuit is set to be dismissed after his anonymous accuser refused to reveal his identity

    Earlier this month, US District Judge Lewis Kaplan ruled that the male source known as ‘C.D’ must publicly confirm his identity in order for the case against Spacey to proceed, but on Thursday (13.05.21) lawyers for the man said he would not be revealing his name


    C.D. has accused Spacey of sexually assaulting him when he was just 14, and filed his lawsuit against the disgraced actor in September alongside fellow accuser, Anthony Rapp.

    But now, the case looks set to be dismissed after the anonymous accuser refused to comply with Kaplan’s request.

    Richard M. Steigman and Peter J. Saghir, the attorneys for C.D., said in a letter obtained by CNN: “As we had previously informed the Court, C.D.

    believes he is unable to withstand the scrutiny and intrusion into his life if his identity is revealed in this matter.”

    The pair also added that the “unwanted attention” would be “simply too much for him to bear”.

    However, Judge Kaplan has claimed C.D. must identify himself because interest in the case is “magnified because C.D. has made his allegations against a public figure”.

    The judge wrote in his ruling: "The evidence suggests that C.D.

    knowingly and repeatedly took the risk that any of these individuals at one point or another would reveal his true identity in a manner that would bring that identity to wide public attention, particularly given Spacey's celebrity. He seeks $40 million in damages. He makes serious charges and, as a result, has put his credibility in issue."

    In the original lawsuit, C.D. accused Spacey of sexually assaulting him in the 1980s, when the accuser was 14.

    Meanwhile, Anthony Rapp first accused Spacey, 61, of sexual assault back in October 2017, when he claimed the former ‘House of Cards’ actor had “grabbed [his] buttocks” and lifted him onto a bed whilst at a party in Spacey’s home in 1986, when Anthony was also just 14.

    Spacey issued a statement at the time saying he didn't remember the alleged incident involving Anthony, and apologised "for what would have been deeply inappropriate drunk behaviour”.

    © 2021 Bang Showbiz, NZCity

     Other Entertainment News
     19 Jun: Padma Lakshmi is dating poet Terrance Hayes
     19 Jun: Rege-Jean Page found it "overwhelming" watching his steamy 'Bridgerton' scenes
     19 Jun: Scott Disick has spent $57,500 on another birthday present for Amelia Hamlin
     19 Jun: Nick Cannon has become a father to twins again
     19 Jun: Megan Thee Stallion paid $8,155 towards a fan's funeral
     19 Jun: Kylie Jenner and Travis Scott "aren't shy about showing their love for another"
     19 Jun: Ben Affleck and Jennifer Lopez are "inseparable" at the moment
     Top Stories

    RUGBY RUGBY
    The depleted All Blacks midfield stocks have suffered another hit More...


    BUSINESS BUSINESS
    Exporters are pinning their hopes on a free trade deal with the UK to be done and dusted by August More...



     Today's News

    Entertainment:
    Padma Lakshmi is dating poet Terrance Hayes 15:11

    Athletics:
    American Ryan Crouser has broken the men's shot put world record, with a 23.37 metre throw at the US Olympic track and field trials in Oregon 14:56

    International:
    United Nations condemns Myanmar coup and calls for halt of weapon supplies to junta 14:46

    Entertainment:
    Rege-Jean Page found it "overwhelming" watching his steamy 'Bridgerton' scenes 14:41

    Athletics:
    Although qualifying for the Tokyo Olympics was a long shot - Kiwi pole vaulter Eliza McCartney admits she's gutted 14:36

    Golf:
    English golfer Richard Bland could be on to something when he says it's been a year for the oldies 14:36

    Entertainment:
    Scott Disick has spent $57,500 on another birthday present for Amelia Hamlin 14:11

    Politics:
    The hospitality industry says the government is holding back the economy with the current immigration system 13:46

    Entertainment:
    Nick Cannon has become a father to twins again 13:41

    Environment:
    The Insurance Council says it will be a while before the full extent of the damage from the South Auckland tornado is known 13:26


     News Search






    Power Search


    © 2021 New Zealand City Ltd