News | Entertainment
16 Jun 2021 19:42
NZCity News
NZCity CalculatorReturn to NZCity

  • Start Page
  • Personalise
  • Sport
  • Weather
  • Finance
  • Shopping
  • Jobs
  • Horoscopes
  • Lotto Results
  • Photo Gallery
  • Site Gallery
  • TVNow
  • Dating
  • SearchNZ
  • NZSearch
  • Crime.co.nz
  • RugbyLeague
  • Make Home
  • About NZCity
  • Contact NZCity
  • Your Privacy
  • Advertising
  • Login
  • Join for Free

  •   Home > News > Entertainment

    Kevin Spacey’s sexual assault lawsuit is set to be dismissed after his anonymous accuser refused to reveal his identity

    Earlier this month, US District Judge Lewis Kaplan ruled that the male source known as ‘C.D’ must publicly confirm his identity in order for the case against Spacey to proceed, but on Thursday (13.05.21) lawyers for the man said he would not be revealing his name


    C.D. has accused Spacey of sexually assaulting him when he was just 14, and filed his lawsuit against the disgraced actor in September alongside fellow accuser, Anthony Rapp.

    But now, the case looks set to be dismissed after the anonymous accuser refused to comply with Kaplan’s request.

    Richard M. Steigman and Peter J. Saghir, the attorneys for C.D., said in a letter obtained by CNN: “As we had previously informed the Court, C.D.

    believes he is unable to withstand the scrutiny and intrusion into his life if his identity is revealed in this matter.”

    The pair also added that the “unwanted attention” would be “simply too much for him to bear”.

    However, Judge Kaplan has claimed C.D. must identify himself because interest in the case is “magnified because C.D. has made his allegations against a public figure”.

    The judge wrote in his ruling: "The evidence suggests that C.D.

    knowingly and repeatedly took the risk that any of these individuals at one point or another would reveal his true identity in a manner that would bring that identity to wide public attention, particularly given Spacey's celebrity. He seeks $40 million in damages. He makes serious charges and, as a result, has put his credibility in issue."

    In the original lawsuit, C.D. accused Spacey of sexually assaulting him in the 1980s, when the accuser was 14.

    Meanwhile, Anthony Rapp first accused Spacey, 61, of sexual assault back in October 2017, when he claimed the former ‘House of Cards’ actor had “grabbed [his] buttocks” and lifted him onto a bed whilst at a party in Spacey’s home in 1986, when Anthony was also just 14.

    Spacey issued a statement at the time saying he didn't remember the alleged incident involving Anthony, and apologised "for what would have been deeply inappropriate drunk behaviour”.

    © 2021 Bang Showbiz, NZCity

     Other Entertainment News
     16 Jun: Madonna once braided her hair through a performance of 'Cabaret'
     16 Jun: The Spice Girls are to releasing their first new song since 2007 to celebrate the 25th anniversary of their debut single 'Wannabe'
     16 Jun: Sir Ian McKellen thinks death is "certainly coming" for him
     16 Jun: Stacey Solomon has revealed that her son Rex was rushed to hospital after suffering a nasty fall
     16 Jun: Ewan McGregor’s daughter needed hospital treatment after being bitten in the face by a dog
     16 Jun: Candace Cameron Bure wants her kids to date people who "love Jesus"
     16 Jun: Jared Harris admitted becoming an actor helped him meet women
     Top Stories

    RUGBY RUGBY
    Swimmer Lewis Clareburt trying to block out the burden as he begins his final Olympics preparations More...


    BUSINESS BUSINESS
    The Government's agreed to add debt-to-income lending restrictions to the Reserve Bank's toolkit.. More...



     Today's News

    Entertainment:
    Madonna once braided her hair through a performance of 'Cabaret' 19:30

    Entertainment:
    The Spice Girls are to releasing their first new song since 2007 to celebrate the 25th anniversary of their debut single 'Wannabe' 19:00

    Health & Safety:
    Ashley Bloomfield says flu cases remain relatively low across the country 18:56

    Law and Order:
    Four West Coast men have appeared in court charged with a raft of sex offending against children 18:36

    Entertainment:
    Sir Ian McKellen thinks death is "certainly coming" for him 18:30

    International:
    Wuhan lab leak theory investigations ongoing, 18 months after the arrival of COVID-19 18:16

    Business:
    The Government's agreed to add debt-to-income lending restrictions to the Reserve Bank's toolkit.. 18:06

    Entertainment:
    Stacey Solomon has revealed that her son Rex was rushed to hospital after suffering a nasty fall 18:00

    Entertainment:
    Ewan McGregor’s daughter needed hospital treatment after being bitten in the face by a dog 17:30

    Netball:
    There's still work to do when it comes to depth in New Zealand netball 17:26


     News Search






    Power Search


    © 2021 New Zealand City Ltd