News | Law and Order
27 Jun 2022 18:15
NZCity News
NZCity CalculatorReturn to NZCity

  • Start Page
  • Personalise
  • Sport
  • Weather
  • Finance
  • Shopping
  • Jobs
  • Horoscopes
  • Lotto Results
  • Photo Gallery
  • Site Gallery
  • TVNow
  • Dating
  • SearchNZ
  • NZSearch
  • Crime.co.nz
  • RugbyLeague
  • Make Home
  • About NZCity
  • Contact NZCity
  • Your Privacy
  • Advertising
  • Login
  • Join for Free

  •   Home > News > Law and Order

    A man's been sent to jail for 13 years over the Dunedin Countdown stabbings

    A man's been sent to jail for 13 years over the Dunedin Countdown stabbings


    43-year-old Luke Lambert has been sentenced today on four counts of attempted murder over the attack inside the store on May 10 last year.

    The Otago Daily Times reports Judge Jonathan Eaton said Lambert's attack "shocked the nation" and it was "miraculous" no one was killed.

    Lambert can apply for parole after serving six-and-a-half years.

    © 2022 Newstalk ZB, NZCity

     Other Law and Order News
     27 Jun: The identity of a man alleged to have stabbed four people on Auckland's North Shore will remain suppressed
     27 Jun: Wellington police are working to put a name to the woman whose body was found at Kau Bay near Miramar
     27 Jun: A close family member of the woman murdered in Christchurch says her 11 year-old son saw the aftermath of the attack, from their home in Sockburn
     27 Jun: Yet another person has been arrested after the murder of a West Auckland man earlier this month
     27 Jun: There's a heavy police prescence around Auckland's maximum security prison at Paremoremo
     27 Jun: Name suppression for the man charged with murdering a Christchurch woman, as she walked home from work on Saturday afternoon
     27 Jun: Deep concern over crime in the Canterbury town of Kaiapoi
     Top Stories

    RUGBY RUGBY
    The All Blacks have a big hole to fill in their midfield ahead of Saturday's opening test against Ireland at Eden Park More...


    BUSINESS BUSINESS
    More than a billion dollars is spent on takeaways and fast food each year in Auckland More...



     Today's News

    Law and Order:
    The identity of a man alleged to have stabbed four people on Auckland's North Shore will remain suppressed 18:00

    Entertainment:
    Maya Vander has quit 'Selling Sunset' 17:51

    Law and Order:
    Wellington police are working to put a name to the woman whose body was found at Kau Bay near Miramar 17:40

    Entertainment:
    Queen Elizabeth II has been horse-riding again 17:21

    International:
    Modified apartment with bathroom in lounge room advertised for $400 a week as Adelaide's rental crisis deepens 17:20

    Rugby:
    The All Blacks have a big hole to fill in their midfield ahead of Saturday's opening test against Ireland at Eden Park 17:00

    Entertainment:
    Khloe Kardashian says that "being organised" is a huge "turn-on" 16:51

    International:
    After Roe v Wade's fall, a Supreme Court justice indicates that same-sex marriage and contraception could be next 16:50

    Netball:
    The hard work is only just beginning for the New Zealand netball team 16:50

    Living & Travel:
    Boeing 737 MAX mid-air emergencies revealed as US agency prepares to probe production issues 16:30


     News Search






    Power Search


    © 2022 New Zealand City Ltd