News | Entertainment
14 Aug 2022 16:32
NZCity News
NZCity CalculatorReturn to NZCity

  • Start Page
  • Personalise
  • Sport
  • Weather
  • Finance
  • Shopping
  • Jobs
  • Horoscopes
  • Lotto Results
  • Photo Gallery
  • Site Gallery
  • TVNow
  • Dating
  • SearchNZ
  • NZSearch
  • Crime.co.nz
  • RugbyLeague
  • Make Home
  • About NZCity
  • Contact NZCity
  • Your Privacy
  • Advertising
  • Login
  • Join for Free

  •   Home > News > Entertainment

    Britney Spears' ex-husband is set for trial after allegedly breaking into her home before her wedding to Sam Asghari

    The 'Toxic' hitmaker's ex Jason Alexander has been charged with felony stalking, as well as trespassing and refusing to leave private property, vandalism and battery, while he has pleaded not guilty to all charges


    Ventura County Judge David R. Worley ruled in a preliminary hearing that there is enough evidence against him on the felony stalking charge to hold him and take the charges to trial.

    His bail has been set at $100,000, and he is set to appear in court again on July 12, while Alexander - who Britney she married in Las Vegas in 2004 for just 55 hours before they had their union annulled - has been banned from contacting Britney through any form of communication, including calls, texts or social media.

    During the hearing on Monday (27.06.22), security guard Richard N.

    Eubeler claimed that Alexander tried to get through her locked bedroom door on her wedding Day.

    He testified: "He started reaching into his right pocket... I drew my weapon and held it to my chest."

    Eubeler added that Alexander went into the property's game room and he followed him, shutting the door behind them.

    He added: "He was just yelling for Britney. He said, 'F*** it. I'm going back inside the way I came.' "

    He claimed Alexander broke a handle to a door Eubeler was holding shut with his foot.

    Judge Worley said: "It's been established that he appears to be a continuing threat given the efforts he went through to insert himself into this event."

    Britney was previously granted a protective order against her ex-husband, which has now been extended to June 13, 2025.

    Britney's attorney, Mathew Rosengart, confirmed an Emergency Protective Order (EPO) - which typically lasts seven to 10 days - had been put in place.

    He told Billboard: "I thank the Ventura County Sheriff's Office for their good work. This was an outrageous and disgraceful security breach and I hope law enforcement does everything possible to ensure Mr.

    Alexander is fully and vigorously prosecuted and convicted for his criminal actions."

    © 2022 Bang Showbiz, NZCity

     Other Entertainment News
     12 Aug: Dame Olivia Newton-John's husband John Easterling says his late wife was the "most courageous woman"
     12 Aug: Michael K. Williams "never felt more ugly" in the aftermath of his facial scar
     12 Aug: Dionne Warwick says her friend Dame Olivia Newton-John was a "sweetheart"
     12 Aug: Halle Bailey received "words of encouragement" from her grandparents following the racist abuse to her 'The Little Mermaid' casting
     12 Aug: Heather Rae El Moussa shared a sonogram photo of her unborn son
     12 Aug: Millie Bobby Brown felt "powerless" during her "unhealthy" relationship with her ex Hunter Ecimovic
     12 Aug: Steve Martin isn't going to look for any more acting roles
     Top Stories

    RUGBY RUGBY
    Former All Black Mike Brewer believes the Springboks underestimated the All Blacks at Ellis Park this morning More...


    BUSINESS BUSINESS
    A warning to Kiwi investors about the dangers of misleading cryptocurrency offers More...



     Today's News

    Cricket:
    Black Caps allrounder Michael Bracewell's continuing to reap the benefits of consistent gametime 16:19

    Politics:
    More than $10 million in assistance claims denied as Australians caught trying to rort flood support 16:09

    Rugby League:
    Cameron Ciraldo has inked a five year deal to take over as Canterbury Bulldogs head coach in the NRL 15:29

    Rugby:
    Former All Black Mike Brewer believes the Springboks underestimated the All Blacks at Ellis Park this morning 15:19

    Health & Safety:
    New Zealand has 2,618 community cases today - the lowest figures since February 14:49

    Law and Order:
    Black Caps paceman Matt Henry's been ruled out of the remainder of the West Indies tour due to a rub injury 14:49

    International:
    Donald Trump's Mar-a-Lago was a 'nightmare' environment for housing classified documents, experts say 14:19

    Politics:
    A political commentator thinks bullying in Parliament is an ongoing problem 13:49

    Rugby:
    It's unclear this afternoon whether Ian Foster will be head coach of the All Blacks when they return home to face Argentina in a fortnight in Christchurch 13:29

    Soccer:
    Former Manchester United defender Gary Neville has launched a scathing attack on the club after their latest dismal result 13:19


     News Search






    Power Search


    © 2022 New Zealand City Ltd