News | Entertainment
17 Jun 2024 6:11
NZCity News
NZCity CalculatorReturn to NZCity

  • Start Page
  • Personalise
  • Sport
  • Weather
  • Finance
  • Shopping
  • Jobs
  • Horoscopes
  • Lotto Results
  • Photo Gallery
  • Site Gallery
  • TVNow
  • Dating
  • SearchNZ
  • NZSearch
  • Crime.co.nz
  • RugbyLeague
  • Make Home
  • About NZCity
  • Contact NZCity
  • Your Privacy
  • Advertising
  • Login
  • Join for Free

  •   Home > News > Entertainment

    Sean 'Diddy' Combs' former assistant wasn't "surprised" by video footage of him allegedly assaulting Cassie Ventura in a hotel

    The 'I'll Be Missing You' hitmaker was seen in 2016 surveillance footage released by CNN on Friday (17.05.24) apparently grabbing, shoving and kicking his former girlfriend, and though Suzi Siegel - who worked for the rap mogul from 2008 to 2009 - confirmed she "never saw him speak harshly to [Cassie] or be abusive toward her or anything like that", she admitted she always felt the "power dynamic" between the pair wasn't right.


    Explaining how she felt "sick and violently angry" after seeing the footage, Suzi told CNN: "I rode in limos with them, I went to parties with them. I guess what I would say is, even though I never saw anything that could corroborate what's in that lawsuit and what we just saw, there was not one cell in my body that was surprised.

    "I would say that I was around him a lot and I got a feeling for who he was.

    "I didn't see anything that could get him in trouble. But I think that [there's a] power dynamic in a situation like that - especially her, at the beginning of her career, so young and beautiful and talented."

    And Suzi stressed she wasn't mistreated by her former boss.

    She said: "I didn't see that proof.

    "Obviously, I saw it with the rest of America today. But when I saw it, I knew that it was something that he could be capable of."

    The Los Angeles County District Attorney's Office has confirmed that it's "unable to charge" the 54-year-old rapper over the "extremely disturbing" footage.

    In a statement posted on Instagram, the District Attorney's Office said: "We are aware of the video that has been circulating online allegedly depicting Sean Combs assaulting a young woman in Los Angeles. We find the images extremely disturbing and difficult to watch.

    "If the conduct depicted occurred in 2016, unfortunately we would be unable to charge as the conduct would have occurred beyond the timeline where a crime of assault can be prosecuted. As of today, law enforcement has not presented a case related to the attack depicted in the video against Mr. Combs, but we encourage anyone who has been a victim or witness to a crime to report it to law enforcement or reach out to our office for support from our Bureau of Victims Services."

    Cassie launched a lawsuit against Diddy last year, accusing her ex-boyfriend of abusing her over a number of years. The former couple reached an out-of-court settlement shortly after the news became public.

    However, Diddy has always maintained his innocence.

    Ben Brafman, his attorney, told CNN at the time: "Mr. Combs vehemently denies these offensive and outrageous allegations."

    © 2024 Bang Showbiz, NZCity

     Other Entertainment News
     15 Jun: Céline Dion's children are worried she will be killed by her battle with Stiff Person Syndrome
     15 Jun: Marc Anthony and his wife Nadia Ferreira have revealed the name of their baby boy a year after his birth
     15 Jun: Pamela Anderson's morning skincare regime costs $134
     15 Jun: Adjoa Andoh's kids "don't care" that she is famous
     15 Jun: Catherine Laga'aia is set to star in the titular role for the live-action 'Moana' movie
     15 Jun: Jessica Alba wants her children to have "leadership" roles in showbusiness
     15 Jun: For years, Mel Greig was the face of the royal prank call that turned deadly. Now, her former boss speaks out
     Top Stories

    RUGBY RUGBY
    All Blacks playmaker Beauden Barrett has made his return to rugby on New Zealand shores, suiting up for Coastal in the Taranaki Premier club rugby competition yesterday More...


    BUSINESS BUSINESS
    Aucklanders will face more delays with trains this week as industrial action continues More...



     Today's News

    Business:
    Aucklanders will face more delays with trains this week as industrial action continues 6:07

    Law and Order:
    Police say the death of a woman on Auckland's Te Atatu Peninsula isn't suspicious and is being referred to the Coroner 5:37

    Law and Order:
    Police want to speak with people who saw a crash between a black SUV and a light truck and trailer near Hampton Downs on Friday 21:17

    International:
    Israeli military announces 'tactical pauses' in southern Gaza fighting to boost aid flow 21:07

    Environment:
    A severe thunderstorm warning's been issued for Wellington and the Wairarapa 18:57

    Netball:
    The Mainland Tactix are the new leaders in netball's ANZ Premiership 18:37

    Politics:
    NSW allocates $450 million for more than 400 build-to-rent homes for essential workers 18:17

    Rugby League:
    The Edmonton Oilers have emphatically forced a game-five in ice hockey's Stanley Cup title series with an 8-1 game four win on home ice against the Florida Panthers 17:27

    Environment:
    A bout of rough weather is bound for the South Island's West Coast 16:57

    Rugby:
    All Blacks playmaker Beauden Barrett has made his return to rugby on New Zealand shores, suiting up for Coastal in the Taranaki Premier club rugby competition yesterday 16:17


     News Search






    Power Search


    © 2024 New Zealand City Ltd