News | Entertainment
20 Jun 2024 11:25
NZCity News
NZCity CalculatorReturn to NZCity

  • Start Page
  • Personalise
  • Sport
  • Weather
  • Finance
  • Shopping
  • Jobs
  • Horoscopes
  • Lotto Results
  • Photo Gallery
  • Site Gallery
  • TVNow
  • Dating
  • SearchNZ
  • NZSearch
  • Crime.co.nz
  • RugbyLeague
  • Make Home
  • About NZCity
  • Contact NZCity
  • Your Privacy
  • Advertising
  • Login
  • Join for Free

  •   Home > News > Entertainment

    Sean 'Diddy' Combs' former assistant wasn't "surprised" by video footage of him allegedly assaulting Cassie Ventura in a hotel

    The 'I'll Be Missing You' hitmaker was seen in 2016 surveillance footage released by CNN on Friday (17.05.24) apparently grabbing, shoving and kicking his former girlfriend, and though Suzi Siegel - who worked for the rap mogul from 2008 to 2009 - confirmed she "never saw him speak harshly to [Cassie] or be abusive toward her or anything like that", she admitted she always felt the "power dynamic" between the pair wasn't right.


    Explaining how she felt "sick and violently angry" after seeing the footage, Suzi told CNN: "I rode in limos with them, I went to parties with them. I guess what I would say is, even though I never saw anything that could corroborate what's in that lawsuit and what we just saw, there was not one cell in my body that was surprised.

    "I would say that I was around him a lot and I got a feeling for who he was.

    "I didn't see anything that could get him in trouble. But I think that [there's a] power dynamic in a situation like that - especially her, at the beginning of her career, so young and beautiful and talented."

    And Suzi stressed she wasn't mistreated by her former boss.

    She said: "I didn't see that proof.

    "Obviously, I saw it with the rest of America today. But when I saw it, I knew that it was something that he could be capable of."

    The Los Angeles County District Attorney's Office has confirmed that it's "unable to charge" the 54-year-old rapper over the "extremely disturbing" footage.

    In a statement posted on Instagram, the District Attorney's Office said: "We are aware of the video that has been circulating online allegedly depicting Sean Combs assaulting a young woman in Los Angeles. We find the images extremely disturbing and difficult to watch.

    "If the conduct depicted occurred in 2016, unfortunately we would be unable to charge as the conduct would have occurred beyond the timeline where a crime of assault can be prosecuted. As of today, law enforcement has not presented a case related to the attack depicted in the video against Mr. Combs, but we encourage anyone who has been a victim or witness to a crime to report it to law enforcement or reach out to our office for support from our Bureau of Victims Services."

    Cassie launched a lawsuit against Diddy last year, accusing her ex-boyfriend of abusing her over a number of years. The former couple reached an out-of-court settlement shortly after the news became public.

    However, Diddy has always maintained his innocence.

    Ben Brafman, his attorney, told CNN at the time: "Mr. Combs vehemently denies these offensive and outrageous allegations."

    © 2024 Bang Showbiz, NZCity

     Other Entertainment News
     20 Jun: Sir Ian McKellen has been rushed to hospital after falling off stage
     20 Jun: Normani was determined to explore "all of the layers" of her personality on her debut solo album
     20 Jun: Usher doesn't eat on Wednesdays
     20 Jun: Whoopi Goldberg once ate cat treats at 2am
     20 Jun: Amanda Kloots is determined to ensure that Nick Cordero is "never forgotten"
     20 Jun: John Cena intends to be "physically active" for as long as possible
     20 Jun: Taylor Swift has been welcomed as a member of the Kansas City Chiefs "kingdom"
     Top Stories

    RUGBY RUGBY
    The Bus will remain parked at Moana Pasifika More...


    BUSINESS BUSINESS
    New Zealand is officially out of technical recession More...



     Today's News

    Politics:
    Dutton goes nuclear, proposing seven government-owned generators with the first starting in 2030s 11:17

    Entertainment:
    Sir Ian McKellen has been rushed to hospital after falling off stage 11:16

    Business:
    New Zealand is officially out of technical recession 11:07

    Boxing:
    Joseph Parker's playing the waiting game as he bides his time until his next fight 10:47

    Entertainment:
    Normani was determined to explore "all of the layers" of her personality on her debut solo album 10:46

    National:
    Is Keir Starmer a socialist? 10:37

    Health & Safety:
    ‘I felt too whakama to go to the doctor’ – how feelings of shame stop people seeking healthcare 10:27

    Politics:
    The Government's keeping possible changes to the electric vehicle scheme on the down-low 10:27

    National:
    What would war between Israel and Hezbollah mean for the Middle East? Expert Q&A 10:17

    Entertainment:
    Usher doesn't eat on Wednesdays 10:16


     News Search






    Power Search


    © 2024 New Zealand City Ltd